RULES OF THE RAILROAD
- Smoking is permitted ONLY in the gravel COALS waiting area while on Eastern Cascades Model Railroad Club property. Smoking is prohibited in all other areas.
- Food and drinks will only be permitted in the gravel COALS waiting area while on Eastern Cascades Model Railroad Club property. No food or drinks of any sort will be permitted on the trains, near the tracks, or in the buildings.
- Remain seated at all times--when the train has come to a complete stop, you will be informed when it is safe to exit the car.
- Keep hands, arms, feet and legs inside (or on) the car at all times.
- Do not grab or hold onto anything outside the car (for example: brush, trees, ties, trestle, rocks, or people).
- Don’t rock the car.
- Don’t lean out over the side of the car to watch the view as you cross the trestle.
- Parties of more than 4 should expect to be split-up.
- Small children should sit in front of their parent or guardian unless instructed otherwise by the stationmaster when loading.
- Parents or older siblings are responsible for instructing younger children in the Rules of the Railroad.
- Violators of these rules may be asked to disembark at the engineer’s discretion and refused any further rides.
- Actively supervise your children at all times while on the club grounds. Do not allow them to bother club members or other guests, rearrange our landscaping, or roam around unsupervised.
- Do not play with the turntable, or walk or loiter on or near the tracks. Do not touch any of the locomotives or train cars.
- Remember this is a free ride, run by volunteers on their own equipment--patience is a virtue. When your turn comes, you will receive the same consideration we are now showing others.
All aboard, and enjoy your ride!